No matter what you’re doing, if you have WhatsApp installed on your phone, you should update it now. In early May, Facebook discovered the vulnerability that would allow
commercial– spyware to be installed on your phone through a call using WhatsApp.
The vulnerability affected users of WhatsApp on all platforms, meaning you need to update your app immediately if you still have one of the versions prior to the following.
- WhatsApp for Android v2.19.134
- WhatsApp Business for Android v2.19.44
- WhatsApp for iOS v2.19.51
- WhatsApp Business for iOS v2.19.51
- WhatsApp for Windows Phone v2.18.348
- WhatsApp for Tizen v2.18.15