Enable Registry Editor using the Group Policy Editor
- Click on Start. Go to Run. Alternatively, use Windows key+R keyboard shortcut.
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / System.
- In the work area, double click on “Prevent Access to registry editing tools”.
- In the popup window, encircle Disabled and click on OK.
- Normally, Registry Editor will be immediately accessible. If it is not, restart your PC.
Group Policy Editor is not available on home editions of Windows.